Thursday, February 26, 2009

I got home from work yesterday and I had that feeling that someone had been in my apartment, and then I remembered that some carpeting was suppose to have been replaced in the hallway. Right, that explained it. But wait. Something still didn’t feel right. I did a walkthrough of my apartment and wondered, hmmm? Does the carpet layer need to sit on my couch to lay the carpet in the hallway? Or sit on the bar stool? Or move things around my kitchen countertop? Not the last time I checked.

How do I know he did these things? Because yes, I’m mildly particular about how my things are, and I know when couch cushions aren’t fluffed the way I normally have them fluffed, and I know how the items on my countertop are arranged, and I can tell if they’ve been moved. But you know what really confirmed my suspicion that the carpet layer “made himself at home?” I went into the bathroom and the TOILET SEAT WAS UP! Are you kidding me?!?! OK, I really don’t mind that he used the bathroom, and I get that when you gotta go you gotta go, but he seriously couldn’t put the seat back down? If I were him, I would have at least had the courtesy to leave things the way I found them, and that includes putting the seat back down.

Since he found my apartment to be so comfortable, I guess next time I should leave snacks out. Or at least pop some popcorn.

P.S. I’m pretty sure he watched TV too.

No comments:

Post a Comment