Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You Spin My Head Right Round, Right Round

In an effort to get my butt into shape, I have recently switched up my workout routine. One of the things I’m doing is taking a spinning class, which can only be described as pure torture. By the end of the hour-long class, I can’t tell if it’s sweat running down my face or tears. Probably a little bit of both. All I’m thinking the whole time is for someone to please make it stop. However, although it’s torture, I have to say that I really like it and I plan to keep it up.

So I don’t usually go to class on Tuesday nights, but I did last night. Since I don’t normally go on Tuesdays, last night’s instructor was one that I hadn’t experienced before. And what a treat he was!

I’ve found the instructors usually keep you motivated by saying things like, “climb that hill” or “push through it!” This guy – whose name I didn’t catch but will try to next time – had a different approach. He was Mr. Life Motivator!

For the entire class, he was throwing out suggestions on how to live your best life. I was cracking up the whole time. I really wish I would have had a pen and paper so that I could have written them all down. They were so good.

In addition to his motivational life tips, he also told us some personal stories. One thing he mentioned is that he recently wrote Kelly Clarkson because he noticed her weight has been going up and down a lot lately and he’s concerned. Apparently he invited her to one of his spinning classes. I’m hoping she shows up the next time I go.

I do want to make it clear that although I was laughing during class and was thoroughly entertained, I’m really not making fun of him. I truly appreciate someone who is so passionate about what they do, and that he definitely is. Plus, his motivational tips are worth paying attention to.

I’ll leave you today with some of his nuggets of inspiration. Words to live by, you might say.

· If you hang out with winners, you’ll be a winner!
· Do something important with your life. Help someone that needs helping!
· Exercise your body and your mind!
· Learn something new or else you’ll never learn anything at all!

The last suggestion he left us with was to drink a lot of water and take a bath because you don’t want to smell like the Europeans do. Will do, sir. Will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment