Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I’ve recently been doing some decorating around my apartment. That was before water covered 90 percent of it, but I’m trying to forget about the flood so let’s move on. Anyway, one of the latest projects I completed was using this cool picture frame in my apartment.


I first saw it in the New York Times Style Magazine and thought I should check it out in person. But then I saw where it was from. IKEA. Ugh. I have a complicated, love/hate relationship with IKEA. I love a lot of their stuff, but I hate the screaming kids running around the store, and more importantly, I hate their even more annoying parents. Don’t they offer daycare at IKEA? Plus, I just don’t get the whole Swedish meatball thing at a furniture store, but whatever.

So I put on comfortable shoes and off I went to check out the frame. I was not disappointed. It was as cool in person as it was in the New York Times. And the best part about it? It was only $24.99! The one thing I was surprised by was the size of it. I knew it was going to be a large frame, but I didn’t realize it was going to be as big as it was. Luckily I have lots of wall space in my new apartment so I knew I had the room for it.

Once I got it home I was faced with the question of what do I put in this thing? I first considered putting a giant headshot of myself in the frame, but then thought that might be a little too much. Instead I went with a collage of black and white photos of people and places I love.

For more information about this frame, you can visit
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00091967. Sorry people, you can’t purchase this online. You have to brave the crazy IKEA shoppers just like I did.


After I got my photos arranged and taped (using double-sided tape) to the cardboard piece, I found using my rotary cutter to be an easy way to cut the edges of the photos off.

Ta Da!

The finished frame.

3 comments:

  1. veeery nice! I miss sfo a lot. I used to fly to greenbrae almost every summer. now I'm on standby. ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to the maintenance letter! Good job! Sorry you had to go through that. Its fun seeing peoples creativity on their blog, I push the next blog button and I am always amazed by the diversity of common wealth and kindness and honesty. Take care. I will stop by again soon. John

    ReplyDelete