Monday, February 16, 2009

One Bright Shining Moment from the Weekend


After the terrible start to my Saturday morning, I decided that I needed and deserved nothing more than a non-fat latte from Starbucks. So I headed to the nearest Starbucks, which is in Little Five Points. Now most people in Atlanta know that Little Five is known for being a very…creative place you might say, which is why I LOVE it and moved to the area.

So I was standing in the Starbucks line and noticed that the baristas were especially friendly, which I appreciated after leaving a flooded apartment. But then, the real entertainment started. In walks a woman in a slinky red dress and black fishnet tights. With her was a guy in a tux with a red bowtie and he was carrying a boom box circa 1985 or so. The woman starts to make an announcement:

Good morning everyone! Can I have your attention please? You may recognize me as a barista who is normally behind the counter serving you coffee, but today I’m here for a different reason. One of the things we’re encouraged to do as Starbucks employees is surprise and delight our customers. Well today we are going to surprise you with a traditional Argentinean Tango!

What? A Tango performance at Starbucks? Hell yeah! I was both surprised and delighted. So for that I say thank you Starbucks Little Five Points. I will be back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment