Friday, April 3, 2009

Bon Appétit!

Last night I attended a fabulous dinner hosted by Bon Appetit magazine. It was at Shaun’s restaurant in Atlanta (www.shaunsrestaurant.com) and it was great! The food was wonderful and the restaurant is worth a visit to anyone living or visiting Atlanta.

Because I spend a lot of time thinking about food, I spent most of yesterday wondering what would be on the menu. Luckily, the menu did not disappoint. As a matter of fact, I had a hard time deciding what I wanted.

I knew I wanted the shrimp and grits for my main course, but I couldn't deciding on the first course. I really wanted the polenta, but the beet soup sounded good too. And since I was having grits for my main course I wondered, “Do I really needed to eat polenta and grits both in one meal?” The answer was, “Of course I do!” I’ve never been one to shy away from some carbs, so why not.

The highlight for me, however, was the dessert (shown below). But I’m someone who could really skip most foods and only survive on dessert, so that explains a lot. I went with the sticky toffee pudding. It was heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment